Cecile’s Writers’ Foundation is a nonprofit organization (Dutch Chamber of Commerce number: 54563682). Our aim is to create a free digital magazine where intercultural authors can publish their work. Read more in About Cecile’s Writers…
We are happy to announce that Cecile’s Writers’ Magazine is Open for Submissions.
Please read these guidelines before sending in your submission. Failure to do so will result in your submission being rejected.
Author and Genre
We only accept submissions from intercultural authors:
- authors for whom English is their native language but currently reside in a non-English speaking country (or have resided in a non-English speaking country for at least 3 years).
- authors whose parents have different cultural backgrounds (either by ethnicity or by nationality)
- authors for whom English is not their native language but choose to write in English.
- authors who do not fit any of the above categories but still feel they have an intercultural voice (please submit your story and briefly explain why).
The concept is about the authors and not the subject matter. The stories themselves do not necessarily need to highlight intercultural subject matters.
All genres of fiction are welcome. We prefer character driven stories as opposed to plot driven stories.
The only non-fiction we accept at present are personal essays or short memoirs.
The maximum word counts are as follows:
- Flash fiction: 1000 words
- Short Stories: 15000 words
- Novel Excerpts: 6000 words
- Personal essays / memoirs: 6000 words
Cecile’s Writers buys exclusive first rights for publication for a period of 6 months. The author retains full copyright of any work published.
We do not accept work that has been previously published elsewhere (or is expected to be published elsewhere), this also includes work published on blogs.
The author’s name and email address should be typed at the top of the first page with the word count of the story. We also ask the author to include a brief biographical note with their submission (max. 200 words) as a separate attachment, mentioning what it is that makes you an intercultural writer.
We will do our best to respond to your submission within six weeks. In busy periods (July/August and December) this could take up to 12 weeks.
We accept simultaneous submissions since we want an author to have every opportunity to be published. We do ask that an author inform us immediately when his/her work has been accepted elsewhere.
Cecile’s Writers’ Magazine is a nonprofit organisation. We will not charge readers for the magazine. Authors’ should note that we now have Open Submissions.
Cecile’s Writers’ Magazine is strongly committed to supporting our authors’ work. We therefore offer an author whose work we publish a token sum of € 15.00 (fifteen Euros).
- We only accept electronic submissions in one of the followingformats: .doc, .docx, or .txt
- Manuscripts should be in 12-point type in one of these fonts: Arial, Cambria, Helvetica or Times New Roman
- Manuscripts should be double-spaced with 2.5 cm margins
- Manuscript pages should be numbered at the bottom of the page
- The title of the story and the author’s name should be visible as a header on all pages
You can send your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submissions may be sent to us at any time.
If you have any questions or encounter technical difficulties, please contact us at: email@example.com
Please check back regularly for updates.